Increase your app's user engagement & retention with Neura's SDK
The Neura SDK allows you to tune your product's performance to each individual user depending on their activites and context. With your user's permission, your app gets better insights to help you create more useful features, ultimately creating happier, more loyal users.
How does it work?
Neura's SDK does the hard work on integrating lots of data sources. Our proprietary Machine Learning algorithms crunch this data to discover actionable insights about your user's past, present, and predicted future behavior. Use API calls to request only data that's useful to your app's features.
- 55+ User Data Sources such as Fitbit, Jawbone, Weather apis, etc.
- 9 Phone Sensors such as Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Light sensors, GPS, Screen State, etc.
- Conditional States such as phone is charging/not charging, almost out of battery/full battery, headphones out/not, etc.
Why should your app use the Neura SDK?
- SAVE TIME & RESOURCES: Save development time. Complete 55+ integrations in one day with Neura’s SDK. Manage one SDK, not numerous integrations.
- INCREASE ENGAGEMENT: Get more app launches by using Neura to contact your users at the best time for them.
- INCREASE RETENTION: Grow your revenue by reengaging your customers with relevant behavioral insights.
IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCT: Understand your users and their context better to make better product decisions.
How have other developers used Neura's SDK?
Each app uses Neura a little bit differently. Examples of popular features built with Neura's SDK include:
- MESSAGING - A social network app can automatically reply to a friend's text with “I’m asleep right now. Will text you when I wake up" when the user is sleeping.
- SMART APP LAUNCHERS - An app launcher widget can easily change the actions it shows its user based on their location of home, work, or gym.
- SAFETY - A text app can automatically text “I’m driving. Text you later” or another custom message when it detects the user is driving.
- HOME AUTOMATION - A smart home app can automatically pre-cool the house when a user is heading home after working out at the gym.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - An ecommerce app has a better understanding of when their user is free or busy, so they can send a special offer when their user is most likely to act on it.
- SMART REMINDERS - A medication management app now has a better understanding of their user's physical activities to remind them to take their medication when it matters.
The SDKs sound awesome! How do I join the hackathon?
Click the big "Register" button at the top right of this page. We will email you instructions on how to download the SDKs and get started!
Bonus Award Category: Context + Emotional Intelligence!
Affectiva’s SDK uses the camera right on your device to discover and analyze faces for expressions and emotions in real-time. For this Hackathon, integrate both Neura + Affectiva’s SDK into your app to better understand your user’s physical environment and emotions.
Teams may consist of 1-6 members. You should register first and can always add or remove team members later on.
- Submit a working mobile app (Android or iOS) integrating the Neura SDK by 8:00AM PST on Monday, September 26, 2016.
- Submission must be the contestant's own original work.
- We recommend building a simple server with an end point (webhook) to receive all the end user events. Neura's documentation explains how to here.
- Explain your app's features, target audience, and how it uses Neura's SDK in your submission.
- We can't wait to try your app! Include links to the APK file or App Store listing or send a Testflight invitation to both Neuraqa1@icloud.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Submission material should be in English.
How to enter
- Click the "Register for this Hackathon" button at the top right of this page
- Download the Neura SDK for iOS & Android
- When ready, submit your app via the "Enter a submission" button
Contact us for any questions – DoAIhackathon@theneura.com
Neura Head of Product
Neura Director of Growth
Dana Mordechai Ganzer
Neura Technical Manager
Affectiva Emotion AI Evangelist
Prof. Nitesh Chawla
Frank M. Freimann Professor Computer Science and Engineering, University of Notre Dame
Character AI Engineer at Jibo
Does your product solve a real problem or can it bring a lot of joy to people?
How simple is your product to use? How fast can the user learn to use it?
Creativity & Innovation
We love seeing Neura's SDK integrated to solve problems in creative ways!
This is totally not necessary, but props if you've integrated Neura's SDK on both Android and iOS versions of your app.
Does it work?
Does your app do what you say it does?